Thursday, January 13, 2005

Movie Lines

I stole this idea from Em. See if you can guess these movie lines:

1. "Whatever walks there, walks alone."
2. "Want some ice cream, Doc?"
3. "You're lit from within, Tracy. You got fires banked down in you- hearthfires and holocausts."
4. "Give me back my hand!"
5. "I wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one."
6. "How would it look were the other servants to hear us standing about shouting at the top of our voices about Chinamen?"
7. "You do not come to Las Vegas and talk to a man like Moe Green like that!"
8. "Silencio."
9. "I'm her mother. I'm her sister. I'm her mother. I'm her sister."
10. "He left a note. All it said was 'I went out of the window.'"
11. "Looks like eggie weggs. I'd like to smash 'em, and then I'd pick 'em up, and smash 'em--ow!"
12. "Inconceivable!"
13. "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum."
14. "We're colonized by wankers!"
15. "Care for a bathe, Mr. Bede?"
You know, forget this. I'm terrible at remembering movie lines unless I'm actually watching the movie at the time. I can picture scenes and remember tones and moods, but trying to recall dialogue? Nope.

The J's have fallen. They tried to regroup briefly under disguise as I's (ie: International Journal of...everything in the fucking universe), but we drove a stake through it quickly enough.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no no!
Number three is The Philadelphia Story! And much better than my "My, she was yar" that I would have used.
Emily has that dialogue sickness.

Anonymous said...

Not only would Flea have used "My she was Yar" but I would have known it ONLY BECAUSE I know that's her favorite line, not because I know the movie, We have known each other too long.

1) Shit, I so fucking know this, andyet I think it's from a book. Is it The Haunting (original flavor), then?

Geoff said...

Yes, and yes--the 1962 The Haunting takes the opening/closing paragraph from Jackson's novel and has it in voiceover.

Someone beat me to Howard's End on yours, BTW! I've seen that film 10 times.

Anonymous said...

Only ones I recognize:

2. The Shining
5. Apocalypse Now
7. Godfather 2
8. Mulholland Drive
9. Chinatown
11.A Clockwork Orange

Anonymous said...

I know more! I know more!

12) is The Princess Bride. Just glad you didn't write "Incontheivable!"
and
15) is the prelude to my FAVORITEST scene in A Room with a View.
What a question! And dude, Forester was so showing his hand with that scene.

Geoff said...

Most excellent!

I like the way somebody (presumably The Earl of P?) "only" knew five.

I couldn't remember lines until I got home and looked at my DVD collection. Then they came flooding back. How lame.

I'm a sap for the magnificent trio of Merchant Ivory flicks--Room, Howard's, Remains.

Anonymous said...

D!! (Doh or Dag or Damn!!) I would ( maybe ) have recognized #15 but never having read it I've always thought the name was BEBE!

Nick said...

I-ight...clean up time!

4. Evil Dead II
6. Remains of the day
10. Crimes and misdemeanors
13. They live
14. Trainspotting