Tuesday, July 27, 2010

#27



So even the most jaded and impervious snob needs occasionally to dabble in the latest explosive NYTimes bestsellerz: I'm guilty here of falling on the bandwagon. And yes, I could nit-pick The Man Who Hates Women: the translation is often clunky, the twists are a bit too twisty and they coalesce too neatly, the cyber-punk heroine is really Clarice Starling updated and given tattoos and hacker chops, the cast of characters is enormous and the family saga at the heart of the story is at times bewilderingly complex, and the genre cliches are too evident despite clever handling--yada, yada, yada.

All you really need to know is I was hooked after 75 pages, I read 524 pages in 1.5 days, and I'm off to Target to buy the next two books today because I can't wait for Amazon to ship them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alicia just got this one on the mail.. I am looking orward to trying it, after her

:) jv