Sunday, April 05, 2020

Dreaming Demons

My dreams have drifted away from school and students the past few nights, perhaps because we are on 'spring break' now. But 'spring break' will be spent inside the same apartment where we sit for quarantine lock down, and from where we teach our students.

The other night I was sound asleep when I was awakened by a profound dark buzzing energy welling up from deep within. The sensation was pre-lingual and beyond rational coping or description. I can only equate this feeling to what a dog must experience when it jumps up, hackles raised, and stares at the corner or out the window at something we can't see.

I jumped up, immediately fully awake and aware in the darkness, but the buzzing feeling was still pulsing throughout my body. I became convinced there was something moving in the room, something heavy and powerful but incorporeal. There were several LED lights from devices plugged in so I had plenty of light to scan the room. Nothing. Nothing visible.

It's not the first time I've had this experience. Once when I was 10 years old I was awakened similarly and felt a heavy force sitting on my chest pressing down to the point I couldn't breathe. Then, the force vanished and I started doing violent and uncontrollable sit-ups over and over, seizing and screaming all the while until my Dad made his way to my basement bedroom. Similar things have happened from time to time--I think the most recent was in Ireland the night before our boat to Skellig Michael? That was in 1999.

Deep energies are awakening in in the Earth.

No comments: