Sunday, February 15, 2009

got Milk?


Saw Milk last night at the Charles. Haven't seen many of the Oscar flicks this year, but of the half-dozen I've caught this is by far the best. Sean Penn is really great, as he usually is, but for once he's playing a tough guy of a different sort. And that Freaks 'n Geeks guy is coming into his own as an actor of some caliber too. Perhaps if I see him in a few more movies I'll remember his name without having to Google it? Josh Brolin is good too--made me want to get W. from Netflix.

I have no memory of the Harvey Milk story when I was a kid, but I lived in the sticks amongst folks who considered San Fran and its denizens an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. I doubt Channel 8 in south-central PA even covered the story. I first learned about Milk from a Jello Biafra spoken word CD 15 years ago.

No comments: